Demerara Distillers Limited will hold their 69th Annual General Meeting on Friday April 23, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. at 214 Camp Street, North Cummingsburg, Georgetown.
“In light of the restrictions on public gatherings imposed under the Health Ordinance as a result of the Coronavirus global pandemic (COVID-19), the AGM will be conducted in the manner directed under Order of Court dated 3rd day of March, 2021 and entered on the 9th day of March 2021 to wit:
- no more than seven individuals (whose names are set out at (i) to (vii) below) representing, personally or by proxy, no less than 40% of the shareholding of DDL shall be present, in the capacity solely as shareholders, at the AGM namely;
- Chandra Gajraj, Trust Company (Guyana) Ltd.
- Maurice John, Hand in Hand Trust Corp. Inc.
- Phillip Fernandes, JP Santos & Co. Ltd.
- Khemraj Goberdhan, Diamond Fire & General Insurance Inc.
- Rajnarine Singh, Sannap Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
- Ede Tyrell
- Colin Thompson
- as a shareholder of DDL, you are entitled to observe the AGM via electronic/virtual platform but not to be physically present at the Meeting. The access code for the electronic/virtual platform has been mailed to you along with this Notice;
- as a shareholder of DDL, you are entitled to appoint one of the seven individuals named at (a) above as your proxy with instructions as to voting on the Motions to be proposed at the AGM. These Motions are set out in the Proxy Form, mailed to you along with this Notice;
- shareholders may contact the Company Secretary’s Office at telephone numbers 592-265-2089 or 592-265-6000 or email: email@example.com to address any questions in relation to this Notice or the AGM.”
The Board of Directors of Caribbean Container Incorporated met on March 11, 2021 and appointed Mr. Garfield Wiltshire as Non-Executive Director with effect from March 11, 2021.
The Board of Directors of Caribbean Container Incorporated met on March 11, 2021 and recommended a final dividend of $0.46 for the year ended December 31, 2020.
The Directors of Demerara Tobacco Company Ltd. met on February 26, 2021 and approved the payment of a Fourth Interim Dividend of $16.60 per share to be paid on March 26, 2021. The share register will be closed for the period March 23-25, 2021, both days inclusive, to facilitate the payment of the Interim Dividend.
The Directors of Demerara Tobacco Company Ltd. met on December 21, 2020 and approved the payment of a Third Interim Dividend of $18.20 per share to be paid on December 31, 2020. The share register will be closed for the period December 22-31, 2020 both days inclusive, to facilitate the payment of the Interim Dividend.